Museums Provand's Lordship
|Tue||10:00am - 5:00pm|
|Wed||10:00am - 5:00pm|
|Thu||10:00am - 5:00pm|
|Fri||11:00am - 5:00pm|
|Sat||10:00am - 5:00pm|
|Sun||11:00am - 5:00pm|
Provand’s Lordship was built in 1471. It is one of only four surviving medieval buildings in Glasgow. The “auld hoose” is furnished with a fine selection of 17th-century historic furniture and royal portraits. Step back into medieval Glasgow with a visit to this fascinating building.
Behind the building sits the St Nicholas Garden, a herb garden which is an oasis of calm, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Check us out on TripAdvisor or leave a review.
- Guide and assistance dogs are welcome.
- Due to the nature of Provand’s Lordship, the oldest dwelling house in Glasgow, wheelchair and buggy access is confined to the ground floor only.
- If you have any further access requirements, please call us and we will try our best to accommodate them.
- You can find further access information for this venue on the DisabledGo website.
- If you use British Sign Language, you can watch a British Sign Language introduction to Provand's Lordship.
- Download a Provand's Lordship floor plan
- There is an outdoor picnic area and a cafe across the road at St Mungo Museum of Religious Life and Art.
- There is a regular programme of special activities - see the What's On section for more details.
- Pay and display parking and free disabled parking is available in the car park on Castle Street.
How to get here
Use Traveline Scotland to plan your trip
By train - the nearest local train station is High Street.
By bus - First Bus services 19, 19A, 38, 57 and 57A all stop near the house.
On foot - The house is located in the city centre, a short walk from Buchanan Street and Argyle Street. It is opposite St Mungo Museum of Religious Life and Art and Glasgow Cathedral.
- Visit Scotland four star Visit Scotland visitor attraction
- Green tourism business scheme bronze award
What to see at Provand's Lordship
There's lots to see and enjoy at Glasgow's oldest house.Find out more