Museums Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
|Mon||10:00am - 5:00pm|
|Tue||10:00am - 5:00pm|
|Wed||10:00am - 5:00pm|
|Thu||10:00am - 5:00pm|
|Fri||11:00am - 5:00pm|
|Sat||10:00am - 5:00pm|
|Sun||11:00am - 5:00pm|
Kelvingrove Museum opened in 1901 and is a firm favourite with local people and visitors. It has stunning architecture and a family friendly atmosphere.
Explore our 22 galleries and discover everything from art to animals, Ancient Egypt to Charles Rennie Mackintosh and so much more. We also have a changing programme of temporary exhibitions and displays.
Enjoy an organ recital, a free tour or at weekends and holidays take part in one of our family activities.
If you only have one day in Glasgow, Kelvingrove is a must see!
Check us out on TripAdvisor or leave a review.
- Guide and assistance dogs are welcome
- There is wheelchair and pram access to all public areas using the lifts and there are free wheelchairs available to hire at reception
- If you have any further access requirements, please call us and we will try our best to accommodate them.
- You can find further access information for this venue on the DisabledGo website.
- If you use British Sign Language, you can watch a British Sign Language introduction to Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum.
- Download a Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum Floor Plan
- There is a restaurant, cafe and indoor and outdoor picnic areas
- The building has free wifi
- The cloakroom costs £1
- There is a regular programme of special activities - see the What's On section for more details.
- The car park costs £1 for 4 hours.
- There are 10 spaces reserved for blue badge holders free of charge with no time restrictions
How to get here
Use Traveline Scotland to plan your trip
By train - The museum is around 20 minutes walk from Partick Station
Subway - the nearest subway station is Kelvinhall.
By bus - First Bus services 2, 3 and 77 all stop outside the museum.
By bike - Kelvingrove Park forms part of the Kelvin Walkway, which links with the Glasgow Loch Lomond Cycleway and the West Highland Way. The venue can be easily reach by bicycle from either the park of Argyle Street and parking is available.
Coaches - there is a coach drop-off point adjacent to the bus stop and designated coach parking throughout the year for schools, tour operators and care groups.
By Car - Kelvingrove is situated on Argyle Street, around 6 minutes from the M8.
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum is a five star Visit Scotland visitor attraction.
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum is a stunning venue for corporate dinners, concerts, receptions and other private events.
It is has also been used as a film and tv location.
Please visit our venue hire site for more information.
What's on at this venue
CRM 150 Years
Charles Rennie Mackintosh Making the Glasgow Style
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
Fri 30 Mar 2018 to Tue 14 Aug 2018
What to see at Kelvingrove
Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum houses one of Europe's great art collections. It's a favourite with locals and a must see for anyone visiting the city.Collection highlights