Museums Glasgow Museums Resource Centre
|Mon||10:00am - 5:00pm|
|Tue||10:00am - 5:00pm|
|Wed||10:00am - 5:00pm|
|Thu||10:00am - 5:00pm|
|Fri||11:00am - 5:00pm|
|Sat||10:00am - 5:00pm|
|Sun||11:00am - 5:00pm|
Glasgow Museums Resource Centre is the store for the museums' collections when they are not on display at our venues.
It is a vast building with rooms full of fantastic objects, from animals to armour, fine art to fossils, and much, much more. The main collections stored here are Art and Painting, Arms and Armour, Natural History, Technology and World Cultures.
The 17 purpose-built and environmentally controlled storage ‘pods’ house around 1.4 million objects. In fact, only 2% of our collections are on display and the majority of these objects are stored here.
Glasgow Museums Resource Centre is different – you can explore this very special building and its’ collections through a wide range of tours, talks and activities for all ages, including school visits and events for families with children.
Accessing the Museum Store
Access to the museum store is by guided tour only. See the What's on section below for information on tours and workshops or contact the venue for more details.
Check us out on TripAdvisor or leave a review.
- Guide and assistance dogs are welcome
- There is wheelchair and pram access to all public areas using the lifts and there are free wheelchairs available to hire at reception
- If you have any further access requirements, please call us and we will try our best to accommodate them.
- You can find further access information for this venue on the DisabledGo website.
- If you use British Sign Language, you can watch a British Sign Language introduction to Glasgow Museums Resource Centre.
- The building has free wifi
- There are vending machines but no cafe or shop at GMRC
- There is a regular programme of special activities - see the What's On section for more details.
- There is a free car park
- There are 5 spaces reserved for blue badge holders
How to get here
Glasgow Museums Resource Centre (GMRC) which is located in Nitshill in the south side of the city.
GMRC is a short walk from Nitshill train station, and the path is clearly signposted. Trains run regularly between Nitshill and Glasgow Central train station with a reduced service on Sunday.
First Bus services 10 and 57 stop near the venue.
Use Traveline Scotland to plan your trip
Glasgow Museums Resource Centre is a four star Visit Scotland visitor attraction.
What's on at this venue
Macmillan Art and Craft Sessions
Glasgow Museums Resource Centre
Mon 11 Sep 2017 to Sat 18 Aug 2018
Glasgow Museums' Collection
The Glasgow Museums' collection is grouped under four key headings - Art and Design, Human History, Natural History and Transport and Technology. The entire collection cared for by Glasgow Museums is recognised by the Scottish Government as a Collection of National SignificanceFind out more